Firmly in the know
When juggling employees and customers, it can be hard to keep up with the business news likely to affect you. Luckily, we’ve done the hard work, so you don’t have to. Here is where you access business news applicable to your industry. Expect information on Government legislation, tax changes and business regulation.
- Rates and allowances The tax-free personal allowance will remain at £12,500 for the 2020/21 tax year throughout the UK. The basic-rate band in England, Northern Ireland and Wales will stay at £37,500 and consequently, the higher-rate threshold will con...
- High earners poised for pensions boost.
- Time to sweep away barriers to business growth.
- Participation rate increased 30% over eight years.
- Business group warns against abolishment in Spring Budget.
- A round-up of the best rumours for individuals and businesses.
- Landlords to lose relief on finance costs from 2020/21.
- Government estimates an uplift of up to £3.4bn.
- Cutting pensions tax relief seems unlikely.
- No penalties for non-compliance in 2020/21.