Firmly in the know
When juggling employees and customers, it can be hard to keep up with the business news likely to affect you. Luckily, we’ve done the hard work, so you don’t have to. Here is where you access business news applicable to your industry. Expect information on Government legislation, tax changes and business regulation.
- Measures announced in the Budget will take effect from 6 April 2021.
- Furlough claims must be made by today.
- The construction industry grew by 0.9% in January 2021.
- Quarterly reports could place “additional burden” on companies.
- An interim report will be published on 23 March.
- The grant will cover 80% of average trading profits up to £7,500.
- Main corporation tax rate will increase to 25% for firms with profits over £250,000.
- Tax returns for 2019/20 will now be taken into account.
- Sunak set out a £65 billion three-point plan to provide jobs and support.
- The key business announcements made on 3 March 2021.